Lo-fi Mix

What is the type of business you designed your logo for? Explain

I designed my logo for a new vinyl record store for any audience. I got this idea when I passed by a vinyl store (Hifi Provisions) which had a more modern look to it, appealing to a younger audience. This inspired me to make a logo for a vinyl record business that could appeal to both newer and older hobbyists, containing both more professional equipment as well as more affordable, efficient equipment. I also tried to give it a more modern, minimalistic look to keep it simple and clean, while trying to add personality at the same time.

How does the logo represent your business? Explain.

This logo represents my business, as the word lo-fi is a form of mixing that is affordable, but also creative and imaginative. In my logo, I tried to keep it both simple and creative, which represents both the affordability and creative aspects of the business.

Who is the target audience for your business? Explain.

The target audience of my business is both new and old hobbyists who seek to buy and sell vinyl’s at a reasonable price, as well as equipment such as speakers and record players for any type of budget, which is especially important for newer hobbyists.

How does the logo appeal to that target audience? Explain.

I feel that the logo appeals to the target audience due to how it expresses creativity while keeping it clean, simple, and minimalistic looking. I feel that by keeping it simple, it gives a welcoming feel to newer hobbyists, while still appealing to people who have been in the hobby for a longer time through the creativity of the logo.

What are you the proudest of in this piece of artwork?  Explain.

In my logo, I am mostly proud of how I was able to add character and personality while keeping it simple at the same time. I am also proud of how I was able to connect the two words into one thing by extending the letter I from the first word to the second.

What could you have done better? Explain.

I think that I could have added just a little bit more rather than second guessing myself. While making the logo, I kept deleting and re-adding many different things because I wasn’t sure I liked it or not. I think that because of this, I made the logo a little bit too simple.