The Truman Show

1. What is the subject of your illustration and why did you choose it? Explain.

The subject of my illustration is Truman as he exits the dome of this fake life and walks into his new one. I chose this illustration because I feel that it is the most emotional/powerful scene in the entire movie. Before he exits the dome, he turns to the camera as he is being broadcasted to the entire world and says the same thing he said at the beginning of the movie, leaving them one final message before bowing and leaving. 

1. What do you like about your art? Explain.

I like how I was able to replicate the environment around Truman to how it was in the movie. I feel that the clouds help bring together the simplicity of the environment. I also like how I organized the title to fit in and not feel out of place as well. With all these elements combined, I feel that it fully portrays the movie all while being simplistic.

1. What advice would you give another student before they begin the pictogram technique? Explain.

I would advise another student to really brainstorm and draw out the scenes before they begin, as well as looking through different snapshots of the movie to find the most powerful scene to portray the movie through. I feel that this really helped me, as drawing and mapping out the scene helped me bring my ideas together in illustrator efficiently. Also try not to overcomplicate it, as when I first started, I was focusing too much on the details all while trying to keep it simple which didn’t make any sense.