Its Small World

The name of my piece is “Its a Small World” and is meant to show some sort of galactic themed city. First, I took multiple photos of 17 stacks of staples with a plain black background and purple tinted light. After taking these photos, I chose the clearest one and put it in photoshop. I then edited the contrast and brightness and used a cloud brush from a previous assignment to add some sort of a foggy effect to the photo. I then used the warp tool to add a wavy reflection of the staples as seen in the photo. This photo is meant to put a calming mood on the viewer which is the reason why I chose to use a purple tint. I believe that this photo shows the effect photoshop can have, as the original photo was no where near as interesting as the finished product.

1 Thought.

1. I really like the lighting. It also has this really fun lighting effect on the left side. Overall great job.
    I think some of the buildings are out of focus, making it kind of weird to look at. Also, the effect on the left is only on one small part of the photo when I would like to see more of this. Lastly, you smoke Photoshop effect feels 2d.
    Try to blend your effects into the image better. This will allow it to appeal more to the eyes, especially where there are no buildings we can see. Also, you have some wiggle effect on the bottom, like buh? I feel like I’m high just looking at this image.